Come join us for a fun fall Saturday at Dive Land Park.
RULES for the Underwater Pumpkin Carving Contest at Dive Land Park.
This Event is in the spirit of Halloween, mostly fun! The event will be judged and prizes will be awarded for those skilled and creative divers, so bring your dive costume. This event is a BYOP (Bring your own pumpkin).
Entry is free to enter the contest, regular SCUBA entry applies.
RULES Apply to UW Contestants:
1. Please remove the top and hollow out your pumpkin prior to arriving at the event. We don't want to have pumpkin guts all around the quarry.
2. All pieces must be retrieved.
3. You must participate as a buddy team. NO solo divers for the competition.
4. Must use a dive knife/tool or pumpkin carving tool set. NO Razors or box knives.
5. You can pre-mark pumpkin with a permanent marker within one hour of contest.
6. All pumpkins will be displayed at a place to be determined after contest.
7. Best Overall Pumpkin Wins!
8. Judging will be by ballot by all present after carving is complete.
9. All judging will be FINAL and no disputes honored.
Here's how it works: UW Pumpkin Carver Rules
+ At 11:30am, all divers in the contest will be briefed at the north end (shore entry) about the contest. Divers will enter water soon after the briefing for the contest.
+Carving must be completed on one dive plus 30 minutes. Contest is finished after the 30 minute mark.
+Carving area will be between 20 and 35 feet.
+You can swim back to shore on the surface when finished carving.
+Remember........PUMPKINS FLOAT! You have been warned.....
Prizes for UW Contestants
**First Place: Blackbeards Liveaboard
**Second Place** TBD
**Third Place** TBD
Daily Entry Scuba Diving $30 9a-6p
Night Dive $20 5p-10p